Published on October 22nd, 2019 | by Brian Coney0
Output Belfast Set For 2020 Return
Details of the return of Output Belfast next year have been announced.
Ireland’s largest one-day music conference and showcasing event five years running will return to various venues across Belfast on Thursday, February 13th. As ever, as well as various talks and panels in the morning and afternoon, this year’s outing will also feature a music trail-like evening of concerts around the city’s Cathedral Quarter. Line-ups and schedule will be announced in due course.
A new addition to next year’s outing is a brand new showcase stage, which is “devoted to new emerging talent that otherwise might be overlooked by conventional music channels, for four new artists or bands.”
See below for the criteria that potential artists must meet.
1) The artist/band must be Northern Ireland residents (This is an NI funded opportunity, there are
many opportunities for ROI bands to showcase via showcase hosts)
2) The artist/band must not have showcased at Output Belfast before.
3) The artist/band cannot have released their debut album yet.
If you fit these criteria and would like to showcase please submit the following via
1) A streamable link to a key song (YouTube or Soundcloud – not Spotify or Apple Music)
2) A press quotation (ideally national)
3) A 150-word bio including a rationale why the band are at the right stage of their career to
showcase at Output Belfast (bearing in mind Output attracts a large travelling music
A panel made up of some of the 2020 Output Belfast showcase hosts will review all submissions.
Please submit your completed online application form no later than 5pm on Friday 1st November.
Successful showcasing bands will be notified by Christmas.